Sunday 30 March 2014

Fortnightly Blog Entry/Update #3

Yo!

Just the regular fort-nightly update where I discuss concepts, ideas or anything that has been happening lately.

So far since the last update, I've had to do two presentations, one in a small class and one at the Thursday lecture. It's interesting to see how much more of the finer details of a presentation I have to learn. I guess it was good practice then.

I've posted some a compositions of some 3D models I did for my city project. The aim is to design an elaborate sci-fi, googie / popluxe inspired city using signature, building and vehicles models made by ourselves and the rest of the class. The setting is whatever we choose. I was thinking of maybe doing a city inside of large, hollowed out mountain? Eh, I'm sure I'll be making changes to my idea as I go along since it will be ages until we actually go full-on with the project.

I'm also doing a spaceship model for a canyon scene I have to make. I was looking back at the lesson/tutorial and was surprised to see a technique we haven't fully gone through despite us moving on. It's basically a way to put a gradient of materials and sediments onto a object that changes as they go up or down in values from the z-axis. I'll probably post some screenshots of the scene later next week.

I've been thinking of some ideas and projects that I could possibly do in my spare time to help tighten my grip, grasp and polish my production quality and speed.

Maybe an animation about a guitar playing cowboy, a ferret with a lute, a pale blonde woman with a harp, a heavy bear-built mustached gentleman with a small taiko drum and an autonomous knight. Something about them all coming together somehow. Geez what a mix.

Promise to post some ACTUAL scans later. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment